Bearville Playground
Hello! Welcome to Bearville Playground! :-)

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Bearville Playground
Hello! Welcome to Bearville Playground! :-)
Bearville Playground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» YOOOOOO GUYS
Winter Shoes 12/1/12 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2020 11:23 am by ❅ ᑕᗩᖇϒᘉ ❅

» howdy folks
Winter Shoes 12/1/12 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 8:37 am by Mrs.Hutcherson<3

» DING DONG BUDS!
Winter Shoes 12/1/12 EmptyTue Jan 30, 2018 8:02 am by catfeet

» hello old friends
Winter Shoes 12/1/12 EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 7:43 am by Snowflake Angel

» If anyone reads this..
Winter Shoes 12/1/12 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2017 9:17 am by ErikasGhost

» Hi Everyone! Lexi Here c:
Winter Shoes 12/1/12 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 8:13 pm by Hannahsaurus

» I FOUND A NEW BEARVILLE!
Winter Shoes 12/1/12 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 4:04 am by CarmentheWitch

» What's next of Bearville?
Winter Shoes 12/1/12 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 12:44 am by catfeet

» Play.Build a bear
Winter Shoes 12/1/12 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 12:43 am by catfeet

Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 306 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:36 pm
Top posting users this week
No user

Winter Shoes 12/1/12 Protec10

Winter Shoes 12/1/12

5 posters

Go down

Winter Shoes 12/1/12 Empty Winter Shoes 12/1/12

Post by Nicolette:) Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:23 am

DECEMBER 1st, 2012
I cringed at the calender in my room. December. I liked December. It was like a fresh new layer of snow. I live in Colorado so, yeah, a new layer of snow is true. I woke up, and smelt bacon. noy any bacon. Daddys bacon. I dressed quickly. As soon as I was walking downstairs, I heard it. Mom and Dad. Daddy was calling me.
"FALALALALA! MY DAUGHTER MY DAUGHTER MY DAUGHTER MISS SNOW!" My nick name was Snow, mostly because I hated my regular name...Alesi...promounced All E See..Yeah, I look like snow white so, I get Called Snow.
"DADDY!" If your wondering why im so excited, its because..My daddy works around the world with his business...it has something to do with, helping the Marines. He's always on the ships sailing the seas. I only see him every week, once a week.
I hugged him and I sat down. Its Saturday, I thought. Daddy usually doesn't come home until, Mondays. "Daddy, its Saturday..not Monday." He looked at me like I was stupid.
"I know honey, I came to talk to...Your mom. About something." He looked at my mom. I knew this was a sworn secret. So, I kept silent.
"Well, can we do something today? I mean, we could go ice skating and everything!"
"I would love to do that. But, we have to go soon, because I have to be back at the Airport at 3:00, so I can go back to the ship in Nevada." Dad, once again, was leaving me.
"Okay,well, Can we go now? It's only 7:00 am! Mom can pick us up! COME ON PLEASE!" I looked at mom, who smiled and shook her head yes.
"Let me get my skates!" I ran upstairs and grabbed my skates. Then I saw something different. There was a truck parked outside that said Missionary Express like a train would. Then, a knock at the door. I stayed upstairs just incase. My room was above the door so i could spy. I only heard a few words, and they were, "Ok, yes sir, Sigh , and good day." I had no idea what that was about, so i grabbed my coat and skates and went down.
I felt the mood change. I stood in the kitchen doorway, and stared hard. "W-what's wrong? Who was at the door...?" No answer. "Mom?" No answer. "Dad?" No answer. "Whats wrong?!" My dad grabbed his keys and told me to come on.
The car ride to the rink was silent. We didn't speak. Except for a few occascial laughs and coughs. Then, i saw it. The beautiful ice skating rink. White as day. Plain and empty as I remembered.
"Dad, how long do we have?" He stared at his watch. "All the time in the world my dear...which is 4 hours...." "THEN COME ON DAD!!!!"
We buckled up our skates and flew! I was a good ice skater, but dad always fell. I laughed, so hard I almost fell myself. We skated for an hour or two then went to get coco. It was so good.
It took an hour to get home, so we left for the airport right away. I couldn't stand it any longer. What was wrong? Who was at the door? SO i just blurted it out.
"MOM! DAD! WHATS WRONG! YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN SO QUIET! WHATS WRONG?" The entire airport stared at me, so my parents took me aside.
"Honey, don't shout please." Is all my mom said, then my daddy sighed and spoke...
"Snow, Daddy, may not be able to be there on Christmas or Christmas eve. The Marines You see...." I couldn't let him finish. "No," I said silently. I hugged him goodbye. And just ran off to the car. Not to see him for another week.
Mom, just tilted her head down. And tried to hide. "Well. At least she knows. I guess that's good!" Dad always tries to make a joke. "Oh honey. At least she does know..."
I watched as Daddys plane took off for Nevada. I hid my tears, but mom tried to stop them, completely. "Why mom? Why on Christmas?" I said lonely but sad.
"It was because, apparently, Christmas this year, the Marines are supposed to get attacked, and no one will survive, unless they are prepared." I now understood. But, then again I didn't. Why would the attackers pick Christmas?
We drove back home, when I found a note taped to my skates. I read it in my head.
Dear Snowy
I am so sorry, I didn't tell you sooner. It's really important. I'm suppoed to aid the Marines...Just try not ot be upset.
Love, Daddy.
Well, that would have been helpful earlier..I thought.

The next following weeks, I wouldn't talk to my dad. I didn't even say anyhting to my friends about him. I know its his duty to do this but, Christmas? WHY?
I was sitting at lunch with my three friends. Drew, Carrie, and Zoe. When they suggested that on Christmas eve, we should go caroling, then have a party. "Don't you think its a little late to find out? Who can go and stuff?" It was 7 days until Christmas. They looked at each other, and Carrie said, "No, haha. Its early in our case!" Carrie always plans late, good student though, always prepared. "Yes, it is a little late," said Drew raising eye-brows at Carrie. "but, we can still do it right? Are you guys all free?"
"Yeah," Said Carrie, "Yes," I said, " SI!," replied Zoe. "then its settled, Christmas eve, 8 pm!" That's when the bell rang and we left.
The next day, I had a phone call at home, long distance. Mom said I could answer. So I did.
"Hello?"
"He----o"
It was breaking up, bad. "I'm sorry, I cannot hear you well, sir?"
"Ys..I kow. Its your dad. I'm callg-----Nevada..on the ship..The people who are going to attack us----are here. I want you to know that-------pens--I Will love--you--forever---Snow." It broke up, and I couldn't hear my dad anymore. I hung up, slowly, sadly.
"Mom, they are attacking. I'm scared. Dad," I couldn't ddo it anymore. I burst into tears. And I went to bed like that.
I woke up in the morning, completely blanking out. Today was the day before break. 3 days until Christmas..
I went to school. Went to lunch. Went to my 7th class. Thats when I get called to the office. My heart sank.
I had to leave early. Mom said nothing. Then, I went home and a man stood there. Marine man. He handed me a note and a caceral. "My ma made it. Grandmas secret recipe." I looked at him and almost laughed. I read the letter as I ate and it nearly droppped out of my mouth. "No." "NO." "NO!" Dad, was in the hostpital. Wounded and dieing. "WE have to go see him!" So the man drove us. There was dad, in the hostpital, dieing. "DAD!" I ran over and then retracted. I grabbed moms purse and ran out of the hostpital, down the street, to the right, and into a department store.
I saw some shoes that I loved. not for my dad, but for me. Then, I saw a neckelace. Two of them in stock. I bought them and ran for the hostpital. I got there and Mom and the casoural man were outside the room. I ran into his room and tied the neckelace around him. He slowly spoke and died away. I was done.
I couldn't sleep forever. Finally it was Christmas EVE. I went caroling, and at the end a miracle happened. A man, crippled and smiling walked over. Dad. Dad. "DAD!!!!!!!!!!!" My dad was alive! I hugged him so hard that he almost did indeed die. But he didn't. He was there and he was real. And i couldnt believe it. He sang with us and then another miracle happened.
"Snow," Drew pulled out a box, a large one indeed. "Merry Christmas." And he handed me the box. I opened it, and it was the shoes I wanted with a picture of me and my dad on the bottom. "Thank you, Drew. SO much."
WE went on caroling. And soon it was midnight we headed for bed. Christmas was here.
" MERRY CHRISTMAS!" It was the same voice I heard that very December 1st morning. Dad was by the tree, eating Santas left over cookies. "Dad! Merry Christmas. Merry Christmas Mom." I opened gifts from Santa and Then my parents handed me one. "What's this?" I opened it. It was a picture of my dad and I my 5th Christmas. And it fit inside my neckelace. I placed it inside and Hugged both of them.
"This is the best Christmas ever. Even moms ham."

Nicolette:)
Royal bear

BearCoins : -1

Back to top Go down

Winter Shoes 12/1/12 Empty Re: Winter Shoes 12/1/12

Post by AmyPie Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:35 am

I read the WHOLE thing
that was a very touching story, did it happen to you?
AmyPie
AmyPie
Epic sage bear

BearCoins : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicolette:) Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:37 am

No, it didn't but I read a book called Ida B and her mom dies from Cancer so like i realated it to that..then some parts I realated to Icarly.
Royal bear

BearCoins : -1

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePinkCheese Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:05 pm

lol but my brother is in marine i hope that he makes it home for christmas : (
ThePinkCheese
ThePinkCheese
Royal bear

BearCoins : 101